We Respect Your Privacy
PRIVACY AND CREDIT INFORMATION PRIVACY ACT AUTHORISATIONS NOTICES AND AGREEMENTS
In this document ‘I’, ‘we’ and ‘my’ means the Applicant and/or the Guarantor, and in the case of joint Applicants and/or Joint Guarantors, each of them, and where applicable, all of them as named in the Loan Application
Collection of personal information
I/we acknowledge that VIP Finance Group ABN 11 606 988 381 and its subsidiaries (‘VIP Finance Group) may collect personal information about me/us, including the information on this form and other information about my/our credit worthiness, credit history or credit capacity to:
I/we acknowledge that VIP Finance Group may disclose personal information about me/us to credit-reporting agencies, other credit providers or existing or prospective guarantors.
I/we acknowledge that if I/we do not provide VIP Finance Group with complete and accurate information about me/us, VIP Finance Group may be unable to process an application for credit made by me/us, or provide me/us with the products or services I am/we are seeking.
Notice of disclosure of credit information to a credit-reporting agency. (Privacy Act 1988)
I/we authorise VIP Finance Group or its agent to give information about me/us to a credit reporting agency to:
- obtain a consumer credit report about me/us; and/or
- allow the credit-reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about me/us.
I/we acknowledge that this information may include:
- identity particulars – including my/our name, sex, address (and my/our previous two addresses), date of birth, name of employer and driver’s licence number;
- the fact that I/we have offered to act as a guarantor in respect of a loan to, or an application for, a loan by another person;
- the fact that I/we have applied for credit and the amount;
- the fact that VIP Finance Group is a credit provider to me/us;
- details of any payments that are overdue by more than 60 days and for which debt collection action has started;
- advice that my/our loan repayments are no longer overdue in respect of any default that has been listed;
- information that, in the opinion of VIP Finance Group, I/we have committed a serious credit infringement;
- details of cheques drawn by me/us for $100.00 or more which have been dishonoured more than once; and
- the fact that the credit VIP Finance Group provided to me/us has been discharged.
I/we acknowledge that this information may be given before, during or after the provision of credit to me/us.
Authority to obtain certain information
I/we authorise VIP Finance Group or its agent to obtain a credit report containing information about me/us from a credit reporting agency, to:
- assess an application for credit made by me/us;
- collect overdue payments relating to credit owed by me/us;
- assess ongoing trading accounts, review trading terms or decide whether to extend further credit to me/us.
- assess whether to accept me/us as guarantor for credit applied for by, or provided to, the Applicant;
- decide whether to extend further credit to the Applicant if I/we am/are accepted as a guarantor;
- assess my/our position if the Applicant falls into arrears; or enforce my/our guarantee.
Authority to exchange credit worthiness information with other credit providers
I/We authorise VIP Finance Group or its agents to exchange information about me/us with those credit providers named in this application or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency to:
- assess an application by me/us for credit;
- notify other credit providers of a default by me/us;
- exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this loan where I am/we are in default with other credit providers;
- assess my/our credit worthiness;
- assess my/our position if I/we fall into arrears.
I/we understand that the information exchanged can include anything about my/our credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including a consumer credit report.
Authority for trade insurer to obtain certain information
I/we authorise a trade insurer in relation to an application by me/us for credit, to obtain a consumer credit report containing information about me/us from a credit reporting agency, to assess:
- whether to insure, or the risk of insuring, VIP Finance Group; or
- the risk of VIP Finance Group defaulting on credit in respect of which the trade insurer has provided insurance to VIP Finance Group.
Authority to disclose certain information to guarantors
I/we authorise VIP Finance Group or its agent to give to any existing or proposed guarantor, a report containing information about me/us to:
- in the case of an existing guarantor, keep the guarantor informed about the guarantee; or
- in the case of a prospective guarantor, decide whether to act as a guarantor.